If you’ve purchased our MPP.R Rear Subframe Inserts, we thank you supporting MPP as always! These inserts are super easy to install, follow the directions below and you’ll have no problem.
NOTE: It is easiest to do one corner at a time, while leaving one bolt loose to allow the subframe to lower without fully hanging off unsupported.
Time Required: 1.0 hours
Tools Required: 10mm socket, 13mm socket, 21mm socket, two jacks or hoist, flat-heat screwdriver
Difficulty Level: 3/10
Step 1 – Raise Car, Remove Mid Aero Shield, Drop Rear Diffuser
- Raise both sides of the car, ideally using a hoist.
- Remove the rear aero shield (10mm bolts)
- Remove bolts from rear diffuser (x6), and rear diffuser to wheel arch liner plastic clips (x6)
Step 2 – Install Front Subframe Spacers:
- Remove the left front subframe lower shear plate (2x 13mm head bolts)
- Remove left front subframe bolt (1x 21mm head bolt)
- Loosen the left rear subframe bolt (1x 21mm) but DO NOT REMOVE! Do not exceed 12mm of gap between bushing and body of car
- Install the insert labeled “FRONT UPPER” on the top of the left front subframe bushing.
- Install the insert labeled “FRONT LOWER” on the bottom of the left front subframe bushing.
- Re-install the shear plate, leaving the 2x 13mm bolts hand-tight.
- Install the 21mm bolt but leave it loose (12mm gap or so)
Step 3 – Install Rear Subframe Spacers:
- Fully remove the left rear subframe bolt (previously loosened in step 2)
- Using a screwdriver, remove the lower washer from the bottom side of the subframe bushing
- Install the insert labeled “REAR UPPER” on top of the rear subframe bushing
- Install the insert labeled “REAR LOWER” on the bottom of the rear subframe bushing
- Tighten both front and rear evenly and torque to 95lb-ft (128Nm)
- Tighten the front 13mm bolts to 22lb-ft (30Nm)
Step 4 – Repeat On The Other Side
- Simply repeat these steps on the right side of the car
- It’s a good idea to paint mark the bolts and torque-check them after your next track day
- Enjoy and let us know how the rear end feels on track next time you tackle some high-speed corners!
You must be logged in to post a comment.